Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/24 11:27:31 UTC

[VOTE] Graduation of the Empire-db Podling

Hi everyone,

The Empire-db podling joined the incubator in July 2008. Since then it has
made 6 releases following Apache guidelines, added 3 new committers,
and added 1 new PPMC member. The community is healthy and growing,
and we've shown an ability to self-govern using accepted Apache
practices.

The Empire-db podling has now voted to graduate:

Vote: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-empire-db-dev/201111.mbox/%3CCAGD0tqERBpbFzcLtNu-HoWrn0y1%3DQ9HBeDsVh%2BYvhe_Zq4LsHw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Result: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-empire-db-dev/201111.mbox/%3CCAGD0tqF78OuHN6AjLLXb950VfbGm3MABvV3txruHUS0b6HCu8Q%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The vote received 6 PPMC approvals, of which 3 were also IPMC members
(Benson Margulies, Martijn Dashorst and Thomas Fox).

I would like to ask the IPMC to approve the graduation.

[  ] +1 - I approve of the Empire-db graduation
[  ] +0 - I have no opinion
[  ] -1 - There's an issue with graduation at this time, which is....

Voting will be open for 72 hours. Please find the proposed board
resolution below.

Thanks
Francis

## Resolution to create a TLP from graduating Incubator podling

X. Establish the Apache Empire-db Project

      open-source software related to fully distributed storage of
      structured data, for distribution at no charge to the public.

      Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Empire-db Project",
      Foundation; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Empire-db Project be and hereby is
      related to api-based SQL generation and utilization
      of RDBMS features; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Empire-db" be
      and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
      serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
      of the Apache Empire-db Project, and to have primary
      responsibility for management of the projects within the scope of
      responsibility of the Apache Empire-db Project; and be it further

      Apache Empire-db Project:

        * Martijn Dashorst        <da...@apache.org>
        * Francis De Brabandere     <fr...@apache.org>
        * Rainer Döbele             <do...@apache.org>
        * Eike Kettner              <ek...@apache.org>
        * Jörg Reiher               <re...@apache.org>
        * Benjamin Venditti         <be...@apache.org>

      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Francis De Brabandere
      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Empire-db, to
      serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
      death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
      or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Empire-db PMC be and hereby is
      tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
      encourage open development and increased participation in the
      Apache Empire-db Project; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Empire-db Project be and hereby
      Incubator Empire-db podling; and be it further

      Incubator Empire-db podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
      Project are hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of the Empire-db Podling

Posted by Eike Kettner <ne...@eknet.org>.
+1

regards,
Eike

email: eike@eknet.org   https://www.eknet.org  pgp: 481161A0

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of the Empire-db Podling

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of the Empire-db Podling

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

GOGOGOGOGO!

Martijn

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
+1

Re: [VOTE RESULT] Graduation of the Empire-db Podling

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
Our resolution contained a copy-paste error, correct version below:

## Resolution to create a TLP from graduating Incubator podling

X. Establish the Apache Empire-db Project

     Committee charged with the creation and maintenance of open-source
     software related to api-based SQL generation and utilization
     of RDBMS features, for distribution at no charge to the public.

[...]

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1 binding

Posted by Dimitar Simeonov <di...@uni-konstanz.de>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of the Empire-db Podling

Posted by Benjamin Venditti <be...@arcor.de>.
+1