Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Vanya Brucker <va...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/24 09:56:29 UTC

Cores fail when trying to add requestHandler in Solr

Dear all,

I am new to Solr and am trying to add the Suggest Search Component <https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/query-guide/suggester.html#adding-the-suggest-search-component>.

My Solr 9.0.0 setup is as follows:

bin/solr start -e cloud  with _default config
Add the search component with a POST request to http://localhost:8983/api/collections/collection_name/config:

{
  "add-searchcomponent": {
    "name": "suggest",
    "class": "solr.SuggestComponent",
    "lookupImpl": "FuzzyLookupFactory",
    "dictionaryImpl": "DocumentDictionaryFactory",
    "field": "name",
    "suggestAnalyzerFieldType": "string",
    "buildOnStartup": "false"
  }
}

Until here everything is fine and I receive a responseHeader with status 0.

Add the request handler with a POST request to http://localhost:8983/api/collections/collection_name/config:

{
  "add-requesthandler": {
    "name": "/suggest",
    "class": "solr.SearchHandler",
    "defaults": {
      "suggest": "true",
      "rows": "10"
    },
    "components": "suggest"
  }
}

In step 3 I receive a responseHeader with status 500 and the following error message:
1 out of 2 the property overlay to be of version 4 within 30 seconds! Failed cores: [http://localhost:8983/solr/collection_name1_replica_n1/]
What am I doing wrong?

I have also posted my question to Stack Overflow, <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73464458/cores-fail-when-trying-to-add-requesthandler-in-solr> but there have been close to no views up until now and so I thought I’d try it here.

I’m thankful for every help!

Best,

Vanya

Re: Cores fail when trying to add requestHandler in Solr

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com>.
If you want to add a example to the ref guide page, https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/configuration-guide/config-api.html <https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/configuration-guide/config-api.html>, I’d love to review and merge it.

Eric

> [...]
>>      "suggest": "true",
>>      "rows": "10"
>>    },
>>    "components": "suggest"
>>  }
>> }
>
> correct:
>
>> {
>>  "add-requesthandler": {
>>    "name": "/suggest",
>>    "class": "solr.SearchHandler",
>>    "defaults": {
>>      "suggest": "true",
>>      "rows": "10"
>>    },
>>    "components": [“suggest"]
>>  }
>> }
>

> Best,
>
> Vanya
>
>> On 24 Aug 2022, at 11:56, Vanya Brucker <va...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am new to Solr and am trying to add the Suggest Search Component <https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/query-guide/suggester.html#adding-the-suggest-search-component>.
>>
>> My Solr 9.0.0 setup is as follows:
>>
>> bin/solr start -e cloud  with _default config
>> Add the search component with a POST request to http://localhost:8983/api/collections/collection_name/config <http://localhost:8983/api/collections/collection_name/config>:
>>
>> {
>>  "add-searchcomponent": {
>>    "name": "suggest",
>>    "class": "solr.SuggestComponent",
>>    "lookupImpl": "FuzzyLookupFactory",
>>    "dictionaryImpl": "DocumentDictionaryFactory",
>>    "field": "name",
>>    "suggestAnalyzerFieldType": "string",
>>    "buildOnStartup": "false"
>>  }
>> }
>>
>> Until here everything is fine and I receive a responseHeader with status 0.
>>
>> Add the request handler with a POST request to http://localhost:8983/api/collections/collection_name/config <http://localhost:8983/api/collections/collection_name/config>:
>>
>> {
>>  "add-requesthandler": {
>>    "name": "/suggest",
>>    "class": "solr.SearchHandler",
>>    "defaults": {
>>      "suggest": "true",
>>      "rows": "10"
>>    },
>>    "components": "suggest"
>>  }
>> }
>>
>> In step 3 I receive a responseHeader with status 500 and the following error message:
>> 1 out of 2 the property overlay to be of version 4 within 30 seconds! Failed cores: [http://localhost:8983/solr/collection_name1_replica_n1/ <http://localhost:8983/solr/collection_name1_replica_n1/>]
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> I have also posted my question to Stack Overflow, <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73464458/cores-fail-when-trying-to-add-requesthandler-in-solr> but there have been close to no views up until now and so I thought I’d try it here.

_______________________
Eric Pugh | Founder & CEO | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 | http://www.opensourceconnections.com <http://www.opensourceconnections.com/> | My Free/Busy <http://tinyurl.com/eric-cal>
Co-Author: Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server, 3rd Ed <https://www.packtpub.com/big-data-and-business-intelligence/apache-solr-enterprise-search-server-third-edition-raw>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of whether attachments are marked as such.

Re: Cores fail when trying to add requestHandler in Solr

Posted by Vanya Brucker <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think I could solve it. My error was not adding “components” in the requesthandler as an array.

original:

> {
>   "add-requesthandler": {
>     "name": "/suggest",