Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by TJ Kolev <tj...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/26 20:23:29 UTC

Which is the stable release?

Greetings!

Let's say I was recommended Lucene and want to use it. So I go to
http://lucene.apache.org/lucene.net/. These are the things I find less than
optimal:
 - It does not say loud and clear which is the latest stable release.
 - The news from 17 Feburary [sic] 2010 imply 2.9.1 is the latest release.
 - Scroll down, click link for zipped stable release. Looks like the file is
for release 2.0, dated 11 March 2007 - three years ago.

How about putting a nice clean link/button to the side, near the top of the
page that says "Download the latest 2.9.1 release"?

So in the end how do I download compiled assemblies for 2.9.1? Or is 2.0
from 2007 really the latest stable release? Or may be it is 2.9.2?

Regards,
tjk :)

RE: Which is the stable release?

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
> DIGY - I know you've ported over many of the 2.9.2 changes into the
> trunk - are there any left outstanding?

No, all diff's in Lucene.java 2.9.2 are ported. No waiting issue.
Current state is ready for a realase.

DIGY

Posted by Hans Merkl <hm...@hmerkl.com>.