Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tom O'Connor <to...@surety.com> on 2000/08/19 21:20:02 UTC

SSL + Apache + mod_jk

Is it possible to nest the mod_jk Apache directives inside a VirtualHost
directive? If my Jk* directives appear at the top level of httpd.conf,
Apache starts and successfully directs requests to Tomcat (as expected).

However, I wish to run my web application over SSL, using Apache+mod_ssl as
the SSL engine. So in httpsd.conf I have:

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
<IfModule mod_jk.c>
JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile logs/jk.log
JkMount /examples/* ajp13
</IfModule>
#SSL stuff goes here
</VirtualHost>

With this configuration, Apache fails to start, and writes to the error_log:
[Sat Aug 19 14:28:07 2000] [emerg] (2)No such file or directory: Error while
opening the workers

I used the same technique (nesting directives inside the VirtualHost for
SSL) with mod_jserv with complete success.

I'm running RedHat 6.2 (2.2.16-3), Apache 1.3.12, mod_ssl 2.6.4, Tomcat
3.2b2