Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Alex Nastetsky <al...@vervemobile.com> on 2017/01/16 21:28:58 UTC

fromjson using multiple schema files

Hello all,

I have my Avro schema split into two files, A.avsc and B.avsc, containing
record types A and B respectively. A contains B in two different places in
its schema, and since I can't define a record type twice, I have it in its
own file and reference it through its classpath.

This creates a problem when I use "fromjson" in Avro tools, since I can
only reference a single schema file with the --schema-file option. Is there
a way to support multiple schema files with "fromjson"? Note that this is
not an issue when I use "compile" from Avro tools, since it supports
passing in an input directory or multiple files.

Thanks,
Alex.