Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Kairam, Raj" <Ka...@coned.com> on 2000/08/22 19:16:00 UTC

Building modperl as a DSO in Apache_1.3.12

I am trying to build modperl ( mod_perl-1.24 ) as DSO in to Apache (
apache_1.3.12 ) on a host running HP-UX 11.0
Uncompressed and untarred the source in two parallel directories.
/opt/apache_1.3.12
/opt/mod_perl-1.24
Created a file in /opt directory that contained options to be passed on to
Makefile.PL
 <<mod_perl.txt>>
I am using the HP supplied ANSI C Compiler.
In /opt/mod_perl-1.24  directory
ran 'perl Makefile.PL `cat ../mod_perl.txt` . It went OK.
ran 'make' and I am getting the following error
  ld: Unrecognized argument: -Wl -E
  ld: Usage: ld flags ... files ...
The output of make is captured in the following attachment
 <<make_0818.txt>>
The last line in the above file indicates the 'ld' command and the arguments
'-Wl -E' are in that long line halfway.

When I look at the generated Makefile, I see the two lines
CCCDLFLAGS = +z
CCDLFLAGS = -Wl, E -Wl,-B,deferred

How can I avoid this error ?. Any of you working with mod_perl on a HP-UX
box encountered this situation ?.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Raj Kairam

Re: Building modperl as a DSO in Apache_1.3.12

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Kairam, Raj wrote:

> I am trying to build modperl ( mod_perl-1.24 ) as DSO in to Apache (
> apache_1.3.12 ) on a host running HP-UX 11.0

>   ld: Unrecognized argument: -Wl -E
>   ld: Usage: ld flags ... files ...
> The output of make is captured in the following attachment
>  <<make_0818.txt>>
> The last line in the above file indicates the 'ld' command and the arguments
> '-Wl -E' are in that long line halfway.
>
> When I look at the generated Makefile, I see the two lines
> CCCDLFLAGS = +z
> CCDLFLAGS = -Wl, E -Wl,-B,deferred
>
> How can I avoid this error ?. Any of you working with mod_perl on a HP-UX
> box encountered this situation ?.

your 'perl -V' would help alot, but i'm guessing if you run
'make LD=cc', that would fix the problem.