Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Leon Derks <le...@cumquat.nl> on 2008/05/08 15:38:34 UTC

overwrite first element in select

Hello

Is it possible to overwrite the first element in a select box?
At the moment this is an empty value, but can I for example overwrite
this with "All"

Leon

Re: overwrite first element in select

Posted by Adam Zimowski <zi...@gmail.com>.
You can do this when you create select model. For example, in my
application I have a drop down of catagories fetched by a DAO, with
first element being "-- Please Select":

	@Cached
	public SelectModel getCategoriesModel() {

		Schemed schema = _catalog.computeOdsSchema();
		WebDaoParameter<Integer> param = new WebDaoParameter<Integer>();
		param.setMode(PagingMode.NoPaging);
		param.setSchemed(schema);
		final List<NodeBean> categories = _promosDao.getCategories(param).get();

		return new SelectModel() {

			private final SelectModel __model;

			{
				int modelSize = categories.size() + 1;
				OptionModel[] options = new OptionModel[modelSize];
				String blankLabel = "-- Please Select";
				options[0] = new OptionModelImpl(blankLabel, 0);

				int index = 1;
				for (NodeBean category : categories) {
					String label = category.getDescription();
					int value = category.getId();
					options[index++] = new OptionModelImpl(label, value);
				}

				__model = new SelectModelImpl(options);
			}

			public List<OptionGroupModel> getOptionGroups() {
				return __model.getOptionGroups();
			}

			public List<OptionModel> getOptions() {
				return __model.getOptions();
			}

			public void visit(SelectModelVisitor aVisitor) {
				__model.visit(aVisitor);
			}

		};
	}

Then, in your TML reference this model as attribute value of your
select component.

Posted by "Blower, Andy" <An...@proquest.co.uk>.
Look at the blankLabel and blankOption attributes for the select component. (http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry/corelib/components/Select.html)

There are good examples in the Tapestry 5 jumpstart. (http://files.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/)