Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kds <ka...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 10:34:36 UTC

Using a custom processor in an external jar in a camel-spring webapp

Hi All,

I'm having trouble accessing a custom processor (arbitrary2Processor)
defined in an external jar in my camel-spring
webapp[camel.version=2.17.0,spring.version=4.1.6.RELEASE]. The camel webapp
is deployed into an apache tomcat 8.5.12 running on java 1.8.0.121. Up until
now all custom processors have been packaged into the main war without
issue, now I am trying to externalize such customizations by placing them in
external jars and adding them to tomcat via the shared.location property in
the catalina.properties file.
   What I see when I start up tomcat, is that the other non-processor beans
in the same external jar are accessible in my routes but the bean that
implements the processor interface is not. Furthermore I get a type
conversion error message displayed in the logs, the message itself is
displayed at the bottom of the post. As an aside I have have been able to
reproduced the same issue in Wildfly8.2.1.Final and JBOSS EAP 6.4, but was
able to work around the issue there by defining the jar in the applications
war file's jboss-deployment-structure.xml in a resourse-root element.

I would really appreciate any ideas or help,
Thanks,
KDS.

2017-05-01 09:46:31,258 [THREAD ID=http-nio-9080-exec-5] DEBUG
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory:251 -
Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'arbitrary2Processor'
2017-05-01 09:46:31,259 [THREAD ID=http-nio-9080-exec-5] DEBUG
org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils:459 - No property editor
[org.apache.camel.ProcessorEditor] found for type org.apache.camel.Processor
according to 'Editor' suffix convention
2017-05-01 09:46:31,259 [THREAD ID=http-nio-9080-exec-5] DEBUG
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory:375 - Failed
to convert bean 'arbitrary2Processor' to required type
[org.apache.camel.Processor]
org.springframework.beans.ConversionNotSupportedException: Failed to convert
value of type [com.example.app.external.Arbitrary2Processor] to required
type [org.apache.camel.Processor]; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot convert value of type
[com.example.app.external.Arbitrary2Processor] to required type
[org.apache.camel.Processor]: no matching editors or conversion strategy
found