Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Lalit Sahoo <la...@sonata-software.com> on 2007/02/01 09:29:53 UTC

Sticky Session

Hi All,

Can we implement sticky session by using apache HTTP client 3.0 API?

Regards,

Lalit

Re: HTTPS and HTTP

Posted by William Cai <wc...@xwarelabs.com>.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

Re: HTTPS and HTTP

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Arun,

>        I created a HttpClient that will invoke a servlet. Now I want to
know
> whether the same client will work for https also.
>  E.g now I am using url as "http://www.hello.com"  will the same client
work
> if give url as "https://www.hello.com"

No. See the SSL guide for setup instructions:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html

cheers,
  Roland

HTTPS and HTTP

Re: Sticky Session

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Lalit,

> Can we implement sticky session by using apache HTTP client 3.0 API?

Sticky sessions are a server-side concept that resides below the HTTP
communication layer. HTTP has no provisions for clustering.

Check the documentation of your J2EE implementation or load balancer
for how to configure sticky sessions.

cheers,
  Roland