Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Bernhard Stegmaier <st...@db.fmi.uni-passau.de> on 2000/08/17 17:23:22 UTC

XML Schema type definitions

Hi!

I need to parse a XML Schema-definition in order to get the
simple/complex-types of elements.
I had a look at the Website of Xerces and found the following statement:

  The parsers contained in this package are able to read and validate XML
  documents with the grammar specified in either DTD or XML Schema
  format. There is no functionality for accessing typed data.

Does that mean, that I have no opportunity to get the type of an element
or the whole schema-defintion (which I would be very happy about)?

Thanks,
Bernhard

Bernhard Stegmaier               Lehrstuhl für Dialogorientierte Systeme
Tel. +49 851 509-3064/Fax -3062  Universität Passau, FMI Zimmer 208
stegmaie@db.fmi.uni-passau.de    http://www.db.fmi.uni-passau.de/~stegmaie