Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by yu...@verizon.com on 2000/10/06 17:21:15 UTC

application directory

Hi there,
Does Tomcat recognize application directory automatically?
I've found that if I have, for example, a "template" subdirectory underneath the
"webapps" and appropriate "WEB-INF" and web.xml, then Tomcat  can recognize it
during the starting process. I don't need to modify any configuration file.
And if I modify the server.xml with additional <Context path="..." ..> tag, I'll
never get my "template" work.

So, I can not config new application directory manually?

Thanks for suggestions!

Yue