Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> on 2010/08/16 13:20:30 UTC

Re: Any plans to reintroduce the uniqueVersion functionality?

This type of questions are more appropriate for the users list. I'm
including that as well. Please just respond to that mailing list.

>From what I know, uniqueVersion is always true for Maven 3 and there is no
planned support for non-unique versions. Other people has asked the same,
but nobody has stepped up and implemented it.

However, for your deployment, I'm guessing that you want to retrieved the
latest SNAPSHOT build from Nexus and install it to a server? There a REST
API for getting the latest SNAPSHOT version which should do what you need:
http://nexus.sonatype.org/nexus-faq.html#25

You should only need to alter how the UNIX script gets the file.

/Anders

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Search the mailing archives.

IIRC Brian Fox said that it was too complex to handle when they were
initially rewriting the artifact resolution code... and nobody has been
interested in adding back the support, but Brian said that if somebody was
interested in adding support back in then (as long as the patch was nice and
clean and had supporting tests) he saw no reason for not adding support back
in again.

Basically this is an issue looking for somebody to have a big enough itch to
scratch

-Stephen

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.