Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by "SN, Bharath" <bh...@hp.com> on 2014/01/21 08:31:51 UTC

Custom logging and chainsaw documentation.

Hi,

I have been searching for information and documentation for log4cxx and chainsaw(about how to configure and open a log file), but no luck of finding it.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
-Bharath SN

Re: Custom logging and chainsaw documentation.

Posted by Scott Deboy <sc...@gmail.com>.
Chainsaw can parse and tail regular text log files.

Download the latest developer snapshot of Chainsaw at
http://people.apache.org/~sdeboy and configure Chainsaw to use your pattern
layout.

Feel free to ask additional questions on the list here.

Scott

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag SN, Bharath,
am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2014 um 08:31 schrieben Sie:

> I have been searching for information and documentation for log4cxx
> and chainsaw(about how to configure and open a log file), but no luck of finding it.

Next time please send questions of those kind to the users mailing
list, it will be of much more help there.

Said that, the official project homepage already contain some
information on how to use both:

https://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/

> Chainsaw already includes help with with a Quick Reference and a
> Tutorial to get you started, all viewable from within the GUI!

http://logging.apache.org/chainsaw/index.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--