Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/11/03 21:40:25 UTC

Re: BaseTokenFilterFactory not found in plugin

: myorg/solr/analysis/*.java`. I then made a `.jar` file from the .class files
: and put the .jar file in the solr/lib/ directory. I modified schema.xml to
: include the new filter:

what exactly do you mean by "the solr/lib/ directory" ? ... if you mean
that "solr" is the solr home dir where you are running solr, so you have a
structure like this...

  solr/conf/solrconfig.xml
  solr/conf/schema.xml
  solr/lib/your-jar-name.jar

...then that should be correct.  If however you put it in some other lib
directory (like, perhaps jetty's lib directory) then it might get loaded
by a lower level class loader so it has no runtime visibility of the
classes loaded by Solr.

when Solr starts up, the SolrResourceLoader explicitly logs every jar file
it finds in it's "lib" dir, or any jars explicitly specified, or loaded
because of @sharedLib or <lib/> configurations, so check your logs to make
sure your jar is listed there -- if it's not, but it's still getting
loaded, then it's getting loaded by a different classloader.

-Hoss