Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Suzanne Dirkers <di...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/02/19 15:21:55 UTC

basic stuff

Folks,

        Is there a User's Guide for Xalan anywhere? I tried looking at the
apidocs but many of them don't seem to say much of anything about their
functions.  It doesn't give me a clear idea of how you are supposed to use
them.   Are we supposed to glean everything we want to know mainly from the
samples?

          My question is, per the SimpleXPathAPI sample, why cout is able
to print out theResult->str() but if you try and pass the address of that
as a straight char* back to a calling program, printf does not come up with
the same result, but rather gibberish.  I don't seem to see any functions
for translating a XalanDOMString back to a char*, although there are ways
to translate char* into a XalanDOMString.    What is the magic way to
translate back from XalanDOMString to something you can printf ?

Thanks,
Suzanne