Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Szakács Botond <un...@inf.elte.hu> on 2004/04/30 18:06:21 UTC

Which Field contained the hit?

Hi,

I've an Index, which contains documents with muliple fields. I'm searching in
several fieds. If I find a document matching my search criteria, is it possible
to determine which Filed(s) contained the matching values? Those fields
includes large documents, so not all of them is stored in the Index.

Thanks in advance,
Botond.

Re: Which Field contained the hit?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Have a look at IndexSearcher.explain and see if that gives you the info
you want.  Also, the Highlighter code may be able to help here as well
(it is in the sandbox).

	Erik