Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by soumya jyoti guru <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 09:33:37 UTC

beginners question

Hi all,
       While writing services, I found that I am writing it similarly
as if i am writing a class.So as a beginner i would like to know that
do we need to create any object to make this services work?
        Do this services work similar to class and if they work
similar than how and, if not than how they work?I would be very
helpful if somebody shows me the flow with some simple codes and
explaining the necessary tags.
with regards
Soumya

Re: beginners question

Posted by Patrick <pa...@gmail.com>.
screen.xml loads form.xml, form.xml targets controller.xml,
controller.xml looks for a service definition in service*.xml,
service.xml invokes a java function

Re: beginners question

Posted by Ravindra Mandre <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,
To get the tags follow this
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Mini-Language+Guide#Mini-LanguageGuide-smap

Regards
Ravindra Mandre
Bangalore

Re: beginners question

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
There are no instances created for your services as all service methods
are static. LocalDispatcher (or RemoteDispatcher for RMI) is the class
responsible for calling your services using runSync or runAsync methods.
Your services are defined in a xml file and included in
ofbiz-component.xml file of your application. When your component is
loaded, your services are also loaded. You can check the webtool app for
the available services.

Thanks,

Raj

Re: beginners question