Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Fei Fei <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2007/01/26 21:17:27 UTC

Build geronimo failed..Is this maven's probleam or openejb( or geronimo?)?

hello everyone.

I did something according to web page
"http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo-with-maven-2.html",and
the source code of openejb is checkout successfully from apache
SVN:http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/openejb/trunk/openejb3.

the build log list following:

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>mvn -e clean install
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   OpenEJB
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: iTests
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: iTests Beans
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: iTests Client
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: iTests App
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container :: Loader
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container :: Java Agent
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container :: Java EE
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Container :: Core
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Client
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Core
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: EJBd
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Admin
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Http
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Telnet
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: XFire
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Axis
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: ActiveMQ
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: CORBA
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Derby Network Service
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Server :: Hsql
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: HelloWorld Stateful POJO
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: Calculator Stateless Pojo
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: Counter Stateful Pojo
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: EJB Injection
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: Resource Injection
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples :: Telephone Stateful Pojo
[INFO]   OpenEJB :: Examples
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building OpenEJB
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\classes
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\test-classes
[INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: default}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to lookup required components

Embedded error: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component
repository
: org.apache.geronimo.genesis.dependency.DependencyHelper.
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to lookup
require
d components
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to lookup
requ
ired components
        at
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.init(MojoSupport.java:104)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:119)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:412)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupExc
eption: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.ap
ache.geronimo.genesis.dependency.DependencyHelper.
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:323)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:312)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.init(MojoSupport.java:101)
        ... 19 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 27 04:03:30 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/14M
[INFO]

E:\workspace\Geronimo>mvn -e eclipse:eclipse
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   Geronimo
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support :: Common
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support :: Selenium
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.3
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.3 :: EJB
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.3 :: WAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.3 :: RAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.3 :: EAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.4
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.4 :: EJB
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.4 :: WAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.4 :: RAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment J2EE 1.4 :: EAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment JAVAEE 5
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment JAVAEE 5 :: EJB
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment JAVAEE 5 :: WAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment JAVAEE 5 :: RAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Test Support, Test Deployment JAVAEE 5 :: EAR
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Modules
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Activation
[INFO]   Geronimo :: ActiveMQ Embedded RAR
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Util
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Kernel
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Common
[INFO]   Geronimo :: System
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Management API
[INFO]   Geronimo :: J2EE
[INFO]   Geronimo :: ActiveMQ GBean Management Interfaces
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Core
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Transaction
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Interceptor
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Security
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Naming
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Deployment
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Connector
[INFO]   Geronimo :: ActiveMQ GBeans
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Web Services
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Axis
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Deploy :: Common Config
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Service :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: J2EE Schema
[INFO]   Geronimo :: J2EE :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Naming :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Webservices :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Axis :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Client
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Security :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Test :: DDBeans
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Connector :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Client Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Clustering
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Clustering WADI
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Configuration Converter
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Deploy :: JSR-88
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Deploy :: CLI Tool
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Derby
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Directory
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Deploy :: Hot Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo :: JMX Remoting
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Mail
[INFO]   Geronimo :: OpenEJB
[INFO]   Geronimo :: OpenEJB :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Timer
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Web 2.5 :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Tomcat :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Upgrade
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Transformer
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Persistence 3.0
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Persistence JPA1.0 :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: CXF
[INFO]   Geronimo :: CXF :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: AXIS2
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Axis2 :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Jetty 6
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Jetty 6 :: Builder
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Jetty 6 Clustering over WADI
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Jetty 6 :: Clustering Builder for WADI
[INFO]   Geronimo :: Transaction JTA 11
[INFO]   Geronimo Maven2 Plugins
[INFO]   Geronimo Maven2 Plugins :: CAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Maven2 Plugins :: Geronimo
[INFO]   Geronimo Maven2 Plugins :: Selenium
[INFO]   Geronimo Maven2 Plugins :: Testsuite Plugin
[INFO]   Geronimo Maven2 Plugins :: Testsuite Archetype
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: Welcome
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: Dojo
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, Examples
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, Examples :: JSP (JSR 152)
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, Examples :: Servlet (JSR 154)
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: Console
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, Console :: Core
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, Console :: Standard Portlets
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, Console :: Portal Framework
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, Console :: EAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: Remote Deploy
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: UDDI Server Database
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: UDDI Server
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: LDAP Demo
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: The Magic G Ball
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, The Magic G Ball :: EJB
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, The Magic G Ball :: Client
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, The Magic G Ball :: WAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications, The Magic G Ball :: EAR
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: Demo
[INFO]   Geronimo Applications :: CA Helper Application
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: GBean Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: JavaEE Specs
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: J2EE System
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: RMI Naming
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: J2EE Security
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: J2EE Server
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: J2EE Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Transaction Manager JTA11
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Connector Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: System Database
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: ActiveMQ Broker
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: ActiveMQ
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Axis
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Axis Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Client System
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: J2EE Client
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: J2EE Client transaction
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Application Client Deployments
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: J2EE Client Security
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Clustering
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Directory
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Hot Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: JavaMail
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: WebServices Common
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Jetty 6
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Jetty Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: JSP Examples Jetty
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Tomcat Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: JSP Examples Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: LDAP Demo for Jetty
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: LDAP Demo for Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: LDAP Security Realm
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Online Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: OpenEJB
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: OpenEJB Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Remote Deploy Jetty
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Remote Deploy Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Servlet Examples for Jetty
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Servlet Examples for Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Shared Library
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Shutdown
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: UDDI Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Unavailable Client Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Unavailable EJB Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Unavailable Web Services Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Plan Upgrade
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: CLI Upgrade
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Clustering over WADI
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Dojo app Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: WebConsole Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Welcome app Jetty
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Welcome app Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: CA Helper app - Jetty
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: CA Helper app - Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Transformer Agent
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Persistence Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: OpenJPA with dependencies
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: CXF
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: CXF Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Axis2
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Axis2 Deployer
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Dojo app jetty6
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Jetty 6 :: Clustering Builder for WADI
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: Jetty 6 Clustering over WADI
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: UDDI Jetty6
[INFO]   Geronimo Configs :: WebConsole Jetty6
[INFO]   Geronimo Assemblies
[INFO]   Geronimo Assemblies :: Boilerplate Minimal
[INFO]   Geronimo Assemblies :: Boilerplate JEE5
[INFO]   Geronimo Assemblies :: JEE5 + Jetty6
[INFO]   Geronimo Assemblies :: JEE5 + Tomcat
[INFO]   Geronimo Assemblies :: Minimal Framework
[INFO]   Geronimo Assemblies :: Minimal + Jetty6
[INFO]   Geronimo Assemblies :: Minimal + Tomcat
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'eclipse'.
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
check
ing for updates from apache-snapshots
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.plugins:car-maven-plugin:2.0-SNAPSHOT:
check
ing for updates from codehaus-snapshots
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/ger
onimo/plugins/car-maven-plugin/2.0-SNAPSHOT/car-maven-plugin-2.0-20070124.044558
-5.jar
42K downloaded
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Geronimo
[INFO]    task-segment: [eclipse:eclipse]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Preparing eclipse:eclipse
[INFO] [tools:require-java-version {execution: validate-java-version}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to lookup required components

Embedded error: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component
repository
: org.apache.geronimo.genesis.dependency.DependencyHelper.
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to lookup
require
d components
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkProjectLifecy
cle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:891)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.forkLifecycle(Def
aultLifecycleExecutor.java:734)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:505)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandalone
Goal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:488)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
[...]

        ... 20 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupExc
eption: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.ap
ache.geronimo.genesis.dependency.DependencyHelper.
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:323)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:312)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.init(MojoSupport.java:101)
        ... 23 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 21 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 27 04:16:38 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 54M/103M
[INFO]

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>

and I did

so.please tell me what happened?why? isn't some plugins is not in maven's
repository(%HOME%/.m2/repository)?
thanks.
-A Fei-

Re: Build geronimo failed..Is this maven's probleam or openejb( or geronimo?)?

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
I have been experiencing problems with plexus artifacts downloaded
from the codehaus repo. More specifically, the problems are regarding
the plexus-compiler artifact and it's parent. The poms there have been
corrupted.

Cheers
Prasad

Re: Build geronimo failed..(Resolved )

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 1/27/07, Fei Fei <mi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>mvn -e eclipse:eclipse
> [INFO]
> [INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Congratulation! I hope your working with Geronimo won't be that hard
any longer! :P

> 1.
> maven 2.0.4 cannot work at JDK1.6 platform,only 1.5,so you should edit file
> mvn.bat(in %MVN_HOME%/bin/) and add command(dose not contains the double
> quotation marks ) "set JAVA_HOME=E:\JDK150"(of course this path is jdk1.5
> home dir in you system) at previous line of this command line: if not
> "%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto OkJHome.
> this prob resolved can resolve many another prob.

...or better yet, set JAVA_HOME in your environment whenever you want
to work with m2. I'm doing it all the time in Cygwin where I set a
couple of aliases that change JAVA_HOME to what the project is
supposed to work with.

> 2.
> I found dir name is "maven-clipse-plugin" in dir
> .m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins\

That's strange. I have never come across it before. Worth to keep it
in archive in case it will happen again. Thanks for reporting!

> Maven runtime cannot load class org\apache\tools\ant\launch\AntMain,I copy
> the ant.jar,ant-launcher.jar from E:\IDE\Ant170\lib to
> E:\IDE\Maven204\lib,the result is it work now.

I'd not had to do it as you did. Are you sure your m2 is not broken?
I'd suggest that you delete m2 and install it again. You'd be better
off checking your environment variables, too. Even if it works for you
now, chances are other errors may surface in the not-so-distant future
due to the steps you did, but you shouldn't have done.

> If you know my meaning from above,Congratulate you.

You see - he's talking about me! Wish me lack with other readings I've
got on my plate ;-)

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Build geronimo failed..(Resolved )

Posted by Fei Fei <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Now.I can see following message:

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>mvn -e eclipse:eclipse
[INFO]
[INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 10 minutes 31 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 27 16:49:54 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 19M/35M
[INFO]

That is means build successful of project openejb.sure you know too.
Now.I will list my operation step following,maybe can help novice(like me):

1.
maven 2.0.4 cannot work at JDK1.6 platform,only 1.5,so you should edit file
mvn.bat(in %MVN_HOME%/bin/) and add command(dose not contains the double
quotation marks ) "set JAVA_HOME=E:\JDK150"(of course this path is jdk1.5
home dir in you system) at previous line of this command line: if not
"%JAVA_HOME%" == "" goto OkJHome.
this prob resolved can resolve many another prob.

2.
I found dir name is "maven-clipse-plugin" in dir
.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins\,NOTE that is not
"maven-eclipse-plugin",and the maven runtime used is
maven-clipse-plugin,(why?I don't know,maybe you can tell me,thanks.),so I
guess the contents should is contents in
.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-eclipse-plugin,because I do
search with google use keyword "maven-clipse-plugin" cannot found any
result. I copy the contents of dir
.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-eclipse-plugin to
.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-clipse-plugin,It working very
good.

another :
Maven runtime cannot load class org\apache\tools\ant\launch\AntMain,I copy
the ant.jar,ant-launcher.jar from E:\IDE\Ant170\lib to
E:\IDE\Maven204\lib,the result is it work now.

I hope write more.But my english ability is very bad.
If you know my meaning from above,Congratulate you.

-A Fei-

FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo – buy and sell with people
you know
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06

Re: Build geronimo failed..Is this maven's probleam or openejb( or geronimo?)?

Posted by Fei Fei <mi...@hotmail.com>.
>A Fei,
>I recommend you cleanup your local repo a bit. One of the repo  servers has
>been serving up some bad content recently...
>
>Start by removing \.m2\repository\org\apache\geronimo\genesis (and  all sub
>dirs). If that doesn't work (or you want to skip to the heavy  handed
>approach), just wipe out your whole repo -- .m2\repository
>
>Let us know if this helps...
>
>--kevan

Thank you kevan and thanks for all give assistance to me.
Now.as though new probleam was happened.
I removed .m2\repository\org\apache\geronimo\genesis ,and I run command
again:

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>java -version
java version "1.6.0"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode)

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>mvn -v
Maven version: 2.0.4

[...]
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/t
ools-maven-plugin/1.1/tools-maven-plugin-1.1.pom
1K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/p
lugins/1.1/plugins-1.1.pom
5K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/genesis/1
.1/genesis-1.1.pom
6K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/t
ools-maven-plugin/1.1/tools-maven-plugin-1.1.jar
22K downloaded
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building OpenEJB
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\classes
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\test-classes
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/p
lugin-support/1.1/plugin-support-1.1.pom
1011b downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/genesis/plugins/p
lugin-support/1.1/plugin-support-1.1.jar
47K downloaded
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.
logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid class loader hierarchy.  You have
mor
e than one version of 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log' visible, which is not
all
owed. (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
[...]
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:543)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:235)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:209)
        at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351)
        at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.logging.Logging.init(Logging.java:44)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.<init>(MojoSupport.java:81)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.genesis.plugins.tools.RequireJavaVersionMojo.<ini
t>(RequireJavaVersionMojo.java:36)
Method)

        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct
orAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC
onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newIn
stance(JavaComponentFactory.java:44)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.createComponentInstance(De
faultPlexusContainer.java:1464)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.create
ComponentInstance(AbstractComponentManager.java:93)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.PerLookupComponentManager.getCo
mponent(PerLookupComponentManager.java:48)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:331)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContai
ner.java:440)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(Defaul
tPluginManager.java:524)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
nManager.java:390)
[...]

org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogF
actoryImpl.java:397)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactory
Impl.java:529)
        ... 37 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Invalid
class l
oader hierarchy.  You have more than one version of
'org.apache.commons.logging.
Log' visible, which is not allowed.
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogF
actoryImpl.java:385)
        ... 38 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 9 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 27 14:37:32 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/17M
[INFO]

I guess this prob about of common logging.and I have more
commons-logging-*.jar in runtime environment:
E:\IDE\Maven204\lib\commons-logging-1.1.jar
.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.0.4\commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.1\commons-logging-1.1.jar

If I remove file E:\IDE\Maven204\lib\commons-logging-1.1.jar,run the command
will throw an error of java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/logging/Log.so I move file
.m2\repository\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.1\commons-logging-1.1.jar
to dir E:\IDE\Maven204\lib\,and I delete .m2\repository\commons-logging,run
command again:

E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3>mvn -e clean install
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building OpenEJB
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\classes
[INFO] Deleting directory E:\workspace\openejb\openejb3\target\test-classes
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4
/commons-logging-1.0.4.pom
5K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.3
/commons-logging-1.0.3.pom
866b downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.0.4
/commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
37K downloaded
[...]

[INFO] Total time: 6 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sat Jan 27 14:57:43 CST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/16M
[INFO]

I do search with google,use keyword "Invalid class loader hierarchy. You
have more than one version",the results list many question like this,but
cannot found any answer can resolve my prob.

Thaks again.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 1/26/07, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> On Jan 26, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> > What Maven's version are you using? I hope it is not 2.0.4 as it would
> > be the answer to your question ;-)
>

> The latest and greatest maven is v2.0.4.  What other version should
> we be using?

2.0.4 indeed, but if the author of the question didn't use it, it
would be the answer to his/her troubles.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl

Re: Build geronimo failed..Is this maven's probleam or openejb( or geronimo?)?

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Jan 26, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 1/26/07, Fei Fei <mi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> so.please tell me what happened?why?
>
> I'm shooting in the dark, but it might eventually help.
>
> What Maven's version are you using? I hope it is not 2.0.4 as it would
> be the answer to your question ;-)

The latest and greatest maven is v2.0.4.  What other version should
we be using?

Regards,
Alan

Re: Build geronimo failed..Is this maven's probleam or openejb( or geronimo?)?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.