Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com> on 2013/03/29 20:54:29 UTC

tapestry method exception

Folks,

I am trying to seed my database with two default standard entities.

is there a reason why tapestry wont allow me to catch this exception ?

Its really annoying. that I have to comment out and uncomment the code just to get my databse seeded properly.

I thought catchign the exception would be sufficient to continue... though I feel its a substabntive hack,... i got no other choice.

AppModule.JAVA

    public static void contributeSeedEntity(OrderedConfiguration<Object> configuration)
    {
        /**/
        try {
            PersonBuilder pb = new PersonBuilder();
            Person administrator = pb.build();
                administrator.setUsername(Person.Role.administrator.toString());
                administrator.setPassword(Person.Role.administrator.toString());
            Set<Person.Role> roles = new HashSet<Person.Role>();
                roles.add(Person.Role.administrator);
            Set<Person.Permission> perms = new HashSet<Person.Permission>();
                perms.add(Person.Permission.create);
                perms.add(Person.Permission.read);
                perms.add(Person.Permission.update);
                perms.add(Person.Permission.delete);
            administrator.setPermissions(perms);
            configuration.add("administrator", administrator);

            AdminLayoutBuilder alb = new AdminLayoutBuilder();
            AdminLayout al = alb.build();
            configuration.add("adminlayout", al);
        } catch (Exception e) {

        }
    }
    left outer join
        UploadableMedia uploadable5_
            on this_.splash_id=uploadable5_.id
    where
        (
            1=1
        )
2013-03-29 15:50:11.984:WARN::failed app: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception constructing service 'SeedEntity': Error invoking constructor public org.tynamo.seedentity.hibernate.services.SeedEntityImpl(org.slf4j.Logger,org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateSessionSource,java.util.List): a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: [org.tynamo.examples.pphl.model.AdminLayout#1]
2013-03-29 15:50:11.984:WARN::Failed startup of context org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@167e003{/,C:\Prototype\Mavenized\Product\tynamo\trunk\tynamo-examples\pphl\src\main\webapp}
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception constructing service 'SeedEntity': Error invoking constructor public org.tynamo.seedentity.hibernate.services.SeedEntityImpl(org.slf4j.Logger,org.apache.tapestry5.hibernate.HibernateSessionSource,java.util.List): a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session: [org.tynamo.examples.pphl.model.AdminLayout#1]
    at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.obtainObjectFromCreator(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:75)
    at org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.services.JustInTimeObjectCreator.createObject(JustInTimeObjectCreator.java:54)

RE: tapestry method exception

Posted by Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>.
Ok the catch block is vestigial since the exception is thrown after the method is processed... not during...

So back to commenting out the code to seed my database.

Does anyone have any ideas? I cant invoke a hibernate session  here due to separation of concerns.
Thanks

Re: tapestry method exception

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:54:29 -0300, Ken in Nashua <kc...@live.com>
wrote:

> a different object with the same identifier value was already associated
> with the session: [org.tynamo.examples.pphl.model.AdminLayout#1]

This is a pure Hibernate problem in your code. Just Googling the error
message above led me to this, which tells you what you did wrong:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10849974/a-different-object-with-the-same-identifier-value-was-already-associated-with-th.
Please check whether the issue is a Tapestry one before posting in the
Tapestry mailing list. And please always post the full stack trace.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo