Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan Kroken <ja...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/16 00:50:27 UTC

ear-plugin : modifying manifest.mf in ejb projects

Hi,

We are using the maven ear plugin to build ear files containing several ejb
projects.
Each of these projects have a complex set of dependencies, not neccessarily
with
the same version. We specify the libraries to include in the ear in the
pom.xml of the
ear project, thus overriding any versions required by the ejb modules.

Unfortunately, the ear plugin doesn't update the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF of the
included ejb projects. The EJB project will only have access to libraries
properly
refered to from the manifest file, leaving the EJB projects with missing
dependencies
runtime.

Is there an easy way to get this to work, or will I have to write a plugin
to do this?

Re: ear-plugin : modifying manifest.mf in ejb projects

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
Jan Kroken wrote:

> Unfortunately, the ear plugin doesn't update the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF of
> the
> included ejb projects. The EJB project will only have access to
> libraries properly
> refered to from the manifest file, leaving the EJB projects with missing
> dependencies
> runtime.

You have to configure both the EAR and EJB (or WAR) plugins for this,
see the md4j-quickstarter POMs for an example. The POMs also have
comments in them so it should be easy to figure out. The only downside
is that you  have to duplicate the dependencies of the EJB (or WAR)
modules in the EAR  module.

hth,

Manos