Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Graffitti <gr...@vsnl.net> on 2002/06/12 14:23:02 UTC

tomcat and linux

I am using tomcat 3.2 on linux. I want to virtual hosting in TOMCAT so that
every domain can upload the servlet and JSP files in its own directory. Now
we are uploading all the servlet and jsp files in the root of tomcat
container.
But now we have 5 domains in server but we have to upload the servlet and
jsp files into root of tomcat.
But we want every domain can upload the files into its own domain.  Like
www.abc.com
How can we do it. Please help me.

Re: NT Service won't start

Posted by Robert Berger <bo...@bberger.net>.
I've tried everything and still have the same problem Tomcat starts using
startup.bat, but won't start as a service. Is there anything I can do
to find out what is wrong? I will soon have to give up on using Tomcat
for this project and switch to ASP (Gasp...)

Re: NT Service won't start

Posted by Robert Berger <rw...@vtiscan.com>.
I think I've found it- jk_nt_service does not like spaces in directory
names in the java_home and tomcat_home

RE: NT Service won't start

Posted by Govind Agarwal <ga...@cisco.com>.
This happens when there is some error in the wrapper.properties file or
server.xml file.

Try to run the following command which is in wrapper.properties and check if
the service starts up.

#
# This is the command line that is used to start Tomcat. You can *add* extra
# parameters to it but you can not remove anything.
#
wrapper.cmd_line=$(wrapper.javabin) -classpath $(wrapper.class_path)
$(wrapper.startup_class) -config $(wrapper.server_xml) -home
$(wrapper.tomcat_home)

or try to run the tomcat.bat file which is in Tomcat\bin folder.

Look for any error message that comes on the console.

Hope this will help.

Problem with cookie

Posted by Andrea <sm...@lisea.com>.
Hi,
I've a strange behavior. I develope on a win2k with tomcat 3.2.1 (under
Visual Age) and I use a cookie to trace the users logon (I use a custom
tag) . Everything works fine... After that I port my application on my test
machine, a FreeBsd with tomcat 3.2.2  and Jdk 1.2 but no cookies are
set!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there  a bug or there is something I'm wrong????

thanks
andrea

RE: tomcat and linux

Posted by Tony Abernethy <To...@ServaCorp.com>.
This is not as virtual as you would want it, but if you can stand
www.abc.com/abc/whatever

# mkdir /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/abc
# mkdir /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/abc/META-INF
# ln -s /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/abc /home/abc
# adduser abc
# passwd abc    ...