Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com> on 2011/11/23 16:18:50 UTC

Re: Securing Tomcat cluster communication

On 10/6/2011 8:31 AM, Afkham Azeez wrote:
> I had a look at the Tribes code. Can somebody please explain how
> Channel.SEND_OPTIONS_SECURE works?
not yet implemented :(

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Filip. I will try to implement this & contribute it back to Tomcat
if that would be useful.

Azeez

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:06 AM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists@hanik.com
> wrote:

> Yes, that way you could encrypt your data packets and not worry about the
> wire protocol.
> the placement of the interceptor will be important, so that you don't
> encrypt packets you don't need to (like ping and failure detection)
>
> Filip
>

> On 11/23/2011 10:53 AM, Afkham Azeez wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists<
>> devlists@hanik.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> On 10/6/2011 8:31 AM, Afkham Azeez wrote:
>>>
>>>  I had a look at the Tribes code. Can somebody please explain how

>>>  What is the proper way of implementing this if I was to do it?
>> Implement an
>> interceptor which will handle encryption/decryption? This is for Axis2
>> clustering which uses Tribes, so we could use the Tribes API.
>>

>>   From the JavaDoc: SEND_OPTIONS_SECURE - Message is sent over an

*Afkham Azeez*
Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com,
*Member; Apache Software Foundation;
**http://www.apache.org/*<http://www.apache.org/>
*
*
*email: **azeez@wso2.com* <az...@wso2.com>* cell: +94 77 3320919
blog: **http://blog.afkham.org* <http://blog.afkham.org>*
twitter: **http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez*<http://twitter.com/afkham_azeez>
*
linked-in: **http://lk.linkedin.com/in/afkhamazeez*
*
*
*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware*
*
*

Re: Securing Tomcat cluster communication

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.