Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Josep Prat <jo...@aiven.io.INVALID> on 2021/09/03 13:39:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-773 Differentiate consistently metric latency measured in millis and nanos

Hi there,

I would like to start the discussion thread for KIP-773 Differentiate
consistently metric latency measured in millis and nanos. The KIP can be
found at: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/ZwNACw

Thanks in advance,

--

Josep Prat

*Aiven Deutschland GmbH*

Immanuelkirchstraße 26, 10405 Berlin

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 209739 B

Geschäftsführer: Oskari Saarenmaa & Hannu Valtonen

*m:* +491715557497

*w:* aiven.io

*e:* josep.prat@aiven.io

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-773 Differentiate consistently metric latency measured in millis and nanos

Posted by Josep Prat <jo...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
Hi Tom,

You are right, the deprecation of the existing metrics was not mentioned in
"Proposed Changes", it was only present under the "Compatibility,
Deprecation, and Migration Plan" one:

Both existing wrongly named metrics and new ones will be added in the
ops.html page under the "Common monitoring metrics for
producer/consumer/connect/streams" section.* The wrongly named ones will
contain a warning letting users know that this metric is deprecated and
will be removed in following releases*.

I just modified the KIP adding a mention to the deprecation of the existing
metrics under the "Proposed Changes" section. Let me know if this covers
your concern.

Thanks for the feedback,

Posted by Tom Bentley <tb...@redhat.com>.
Hi Josep,