Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jiju <ji...@ibsplc.com> on 2007/01/18 07:48:32 UTC

Bypass pageBeginRender in Ajax calls

Hi All,
I have a pageBeginRender listener in my page class,I am fetching default
values from the database in this listener.
During ajax calls(say ajaxlinksubmit) to update a component in the page ,the
pageBeginRender listener is again invoked.
Is there any way to bypass this listener in Ajax calls ?

Re: Bypass pageBeginRender in Ajax calls

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
You can't bypass...

But if you do
event.getRequestCycle().getResponseBuilder().isDynamic()
you can find out if you're doing an XHR or not.

Alexandru Dragomir wrote:
> To bypass it i don't you can.
> But you could  conditionate the execution of that particular
> initialization
> code in the pageBeginRender by sending /not sending some variables in the
> ajax requests.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
>
> On 1/18/07, jiju <ji...@ibsplc.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi All,
>> I have a pageBeginRender listener in my page class,I am fetching default
>> values from the database in this listener.
>> During ajax calls(say ajaxlinksubmit) to update a component in the page
>> ,the
>> pageBeginRender listener is again invoked.
>> Is there any way to bypass this listener in Ajax calls ?
>>

>> --

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / J2EE Consulting

Re: Bypass pageBeginRender in Ajax calls

Posted by Alexandru Dragomir <al...@gmail.com>.
To bypass it i don't you can.