Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Mahehs Patil <ma...@techmahindra.com> on 2007/03/30 11:10:29 UTC

Writing Java Client

How to write the java client to test Web method ?
which take an Object as parameter?
e.g
I have one method into WSDL file

getProgramList(ProgramListRequest request)

help me on this .

Re: Writing Java Client

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Maybe we could find a way to enhance the jbi maven plugin so that
it boots up with the SA (when testing a service assembly), so that
SOAP UI maven plugin could test the service.  It should be easy
to start an embedded servicemix, but I'm not sure how we could
coordinate the two plugins ...

On 3/31/07, omatzura <ol...@eviware.com> wrote:

> Hi Adrian,
>
> soapui has both maven 1.x and maven 2.x plugins for running tests from
> within your build-process.. obviously though the webservice needs to be
> deployed somehow before it can be tested.. which may complicate things..
>
> check out http://www.soapui.org/plugin/index.html
>
> regards!
>
> /Ole
> eviware.com

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Writing Java Client

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
Sweet. Thanks!

Re: Writing Java Client

Re: Writing Java Client

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
I always use soapui (http://www.soapui.org/) for quick testing.

You could also use xfire to generate soap clients for you, if you want
to create junit test suites. Though soapui also provides a means to
create test suites also to test your web services. (Now if only there is
way to run the soapui test suite in maven, does anyone know if this is
possible... :-) )