Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Doug Dates <hi...@yahoo.ca> on 2002/09/18 01:54:19 UTC

logic:iterate related issue

Hello:

I am developing payment history page(paymentHistory.jsp), The related formBean is called HistoryForm.java, action class is HistoryAction.java

In HistoryAction.java, I got all payments(type of Vector) for a user from Database, I use historyForm.setPayments(PAYMENTS, payments) to set payments into historyForm(it is a instance of HistoryForm.java).

The following is part of my paymentHistory.jsp,

<logic:iterate id="aPayment" name="historyform" property="payments">
  <bean:write name="aPayment" property="amount"/>
<logic:iterate>

My question is: do I need to get payments( in  the paymentHistory.jsp) first before using it in the line "<logic:iterate id="aPayment" name="historyform" property="payments">. If I do not need to do anything before using "payments" in iterate tag, that means the form knows what "payments" is by itself. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you for your help.

Doug

How to extend AppException

Posted by phpsurf <ph...@ifrance.com>.
Hi

when looking at the default ExceptionHandler implementation, I saw that
there was a special behaviour when handling
org.apache.struts.util.AppException.

This allows to pass arguments to the Exception that will be used to build
the error message.

I would like to benefit from this in my project.
So my first idea was to have all my applicative Exceptions extend this
AppException.

But the problem is that its properties are private instead of protected, so
it's quite difficult to add some features to the class ...

Would this need a patch ?
Any idea ?

Re: Difference Model1 and Model2

Posted by Tiago Nodari <ti...@uol.com.br>.

         Never heard of searching first?

         but...

         Almost any code camp from sun that talks about J2EE or
JSP/Servlets has some slides on Model 1 and model 2
         http://www.sun.com/developers/edu/camps/

         Also there are some webcasts
         http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/webcasts/

         there is probably tons of material on the subject, plus any book
on JSP/Servlets normally has a chapter about the subject...

Posted by Narayana Reddy <rn...@india.hp.com>.
 Hi,

 Is Action mapping - part of Model 1?

Thanks & regards,