Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Aida <ai...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/05 18:42:16 UTC

[FTP] Sending a file via FTP from a Windows machine to a Linux machine creates a new folder

Hi,

I'm writting because I am having trouble trying to send a file via FTP. What
happens is that the file is sent and it is also written in my target
directory (/myfolder/mydir) but, in addition, a folder with the name
"\myfilder\mydir" is created. (It is not like when the directory does not
exist and it only creates the non-existent folder)

The thing is that this only happens when I run my camel process in a Windows
Machine and the FTP is in a Linux. When the solution is running with both,
processes and FTP in the same machine (either Linux or Windows) there is no
problem.

Additional information:
1. The ftp endpoint is created dynamically and a producerTemplate is used to
send the file
2. Camel Version: 2.9.1
3. Camel processes runing on a JBoss 5.1.0GA, Windows 7 Professional
4. FTP server is a Linux machine (CentOS release 5.6 (Final))

I don´t know where the problem can be, but as I said it only happens when I
send a file from Windows to Linux.

Thanks in advance!

  Aida.

Re: [FTP] Sending a file via FTP from a Windows machine to a Linux machine creates a new folder

Posted by Aida <ai...@gmail.com>.
That worked, thank you!

Re: [FTP] Sending a file via FTP from a Windows machine to a Linux machine creates a new folder

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can use the separator option to tell Camel if the FTP server is
unix or windows based
http://camel.apache.org/ftp2

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Aida <ai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm writting because I am having trouble trying to send a file via FTP. What
> happens is that the file is sent and it is also written in my target
> directory (/myfolder/mydir) but, in addition, a folder with the name
> "\myfilder\mydir" is created. (It is not like when the directory does not
> exist and it only creates the non-existent folder)
>
> The thing is that this only happens when I run my camel process in a Windows
> Machine and the FTP is in a Linux. When the solution is running with both,
> processes and FTP in the same machine (either Linux or Windows) there is no
> problem.
>
> Additional information:
> 1. The ftp endpoint is created dynamically and a producerTemplate is used to
> send the file
> 2. Camel Version: 2.9.1
> 3. Camel processes runing on a JBoss 5.1.0GA, Windows 7 Professional
> 4. FTP server is a Linux machine (CentOS release 5.6 (Final))
>
> I don´t know where the problem can be, but as I said it only happens when I
> send a file from Windows to Linux.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
>  Aida.

Claus Ibsen