Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/17 16:03:30 UTC

internal LB provider (from the thread: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (third round))

Marcus.

I ran into this on today's master. Did you follow up on this in 4.2?
Or do you have a ticket or wiki page for it?

tahnks
Daan

Re: internal LB provider (from the thread: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (third round))

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
I do see the UUID being returned as a part of listNetworkServiceProvidersCmd call ("id" field):

{ "listnetworkserviceprovidersresponse" : { "count":8 ,"networkserviceprovider" : [  {"name":"InternalLbVm","physicalnetworkid":"235cd520-b73c-458b-aa69-14df2f4fe871","state":"Disabled","id":"83011ee3-e498-4a31-8ff0-ba44d3b571c3","servicelist":["Lb"]}, {"name":"VpcVirtualRouter","physicalnetworkid":"235cd520-b73c-458b-aa69-14df2f4fe871","state":"Enabled","id":"8204b150-bb74-4cce-b0f3-3624d978a7f1","servicelist":["Vpn","Dh

Btw, the UI should enable all in-built providers (VR, VPCVR, Internal LB) by default as a part of the zone creation. If UI doesn't do it, its a bug. If you use some API client, you have to make the calls explicitly.

-alena.

From: Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:29 AM
To: dev <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: internal LB provider (from the thread: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.2.0 (third round))

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:22 PM, Alena Prokharchyk
<Al...@citrix.com>> wrote:
updateNetworkServiceProvider

ah, so this works even if the uuid is not returned in

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com>.
Daan, the API is "updateNetworkServiceProvider"

-Alena.

From: Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:17 AM
To: dev <de...@cloudstack.apache.org>>

Thanks Marcus,

this helps, I can now enable it in the interface after configuring it
as enabled. Somehow I still have to enable the InternalLbVm provider
in the physical network after configuring it as enabled and can't find
a api call to do this.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Yes, it should supposedly never happen under normal circumstances. The
issue I had was because I was using a Marvin zone config that needed
to be updated for the new feature. Added:

                         {

                             "broadcastdomainrange": "ZONE",

                             "name": "InternalLbVm"

                          }

This should be configured on zone setup as well. To fix it manually, I did:

# list internalloadbalancerelements

# configure internalloadbalancerelement enabled=true id=<the uuid>

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Marcus,

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.