Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Long Zhao <LZ...@firstgenetic.net> on 2003/05/05 17:42:43 UTC

newbie question

Hi all,

I know I can get a template from a file name by calling Velocity.getTemplate(templateFileName).

But can I get a template from byte[] or steam? since I have the template stored in database as a blob.

Thanks

Re: newbie question

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Long Zhao" <LZ...@firstgenetic.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I know I can get a template from a file name by calling Velocity.getTemplate(templateFileName).
>
> But can I get a template from byte[] or steam? since I have the template stored in database as a blob.

Sure you can.  You'll want to implement your own ResourceLoader by
sub-classing this class:

velocity/src/java/org/apache/velocity/runtime/resource/loader/ResourceLoader.java
--

Daniel Rall