Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/05/29 08:31:16 UTC

[Question] Why is the project releasing with bugfix-versions?

Hi,

one thing I noticed when trying the release of 0.9.7 was that you are counting the bugfix version up … is there a reason for this?
I mean I understand you are hesitant (like us in the PLC4X project) to do the 1.0, but what’s special with the 0.9?
Wouldn’t it be possible to do a 0.10.0 release and really use the third digit for bugfix releases (If needed)?

I am sure there was a discussion on this and all I’m asking for is a pointer to this … using ponymail on the dev list is sort of ugly as it feels like 90% of it’s content is Jenkins emails.

Chris

Re: [Question] Why is the project releasing with bugfix-versions?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

0.10.0 would be actually more accurate since we still are doing many
changes.
In case we do bugfixes, 0.9.x will the right way to go.

So yes, I think that should be improved to have a better version number in
releases

Thanks Chris for pointing that

Carlos

Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: [Question] Why is the project releasing with bugfix-versions?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wetmore <co...@gmail.com>.