Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Ajay Lakhani <la...@googlemail.com> on 2008/07/08 10:20:29 UTC

Contributing towards the development of Lucene

Hi,

I am interested in contributing towards the development of Lucene.
Could anyone suggest a proper way to start or how can I assign a bug to my
name to work on.

Cheers
AJ

Re: Contributing towards the development of Lucene

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jul 8, 2008, at 4:20 AM, Ajay Lakhani wrote:
> I am interested in contributing towards the development of Lucene.
> Could anyone suggest a proper way to start or how can I assign a bug
> to my name to work on.

AJ - welcome!

We have a wiki page set up to answer this question: <http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute

Lots of ways to help out, with documentation, answering user
questions, fixing bugs in JIRA, writing more test cases, etc.   Take
your pick :)

	Erik