Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Saikat Kanjilal <sx...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/07 16:09:42 UTC

beginnings of reef-spark-runtime [Discuss Design Thread]

Hello reef community,
I've created an initial pull request for reef-spark-runtime that contains
the design for this feature, details are shown below:

JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/REEF-1791
Pull request: https://github.com/apache/reef/pull/1324

I didnt want to get too much deeper into the implementation before
soliciting feedback around the design from the community, I will send out
another pull request containing a successfully working implementation once
the community responds.  For those interested I'd very much appreciate
feedback to get this component to a better and more maintainable state.
The design of the code is identified in the pull request comments, however
 I thought I would also use this thread to hammer out open design issues.

Thanks in advance.