Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by k256 <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2012/12/06 02:47:21 UTC

Shiro with GWT login widget

Hi I'm new to shiro and am confused.  I'm using shiro 1.2.1 + gwt + guice and
want my own GWT login widget.  How should I go about doing this?

1.  The default "authc.loginUrl = /login.jsp".  This doesn't make sense for
my environment (no jsps, I want my own GWT login widget), so I'd need to set
this to something else, right?  Looks like I would need to point
authc.loginUrl to a servlet that my GWT widget would send a POST command to?
What would the servlet's doPost() method do?

2.  Since I'm using guice, I've got my own custom ShiroWebModule instead of
using .ini config files.  How can I set my "authc.loginUrl = /loginServlet"
programmatically within my custom ShiroWebModule?

Am I going about this the correct way?   Thanks!