Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <du...@c-ware.de> on 2006/07/20 11:12:00 UTC

[Slightly Off Topic] Tool for viewing Browsers live DOM

Hi,

I am working on migrating an existing application to using ajax. One of the
problems I am having is that I seem to be unable to view the dom, the
browser is using for display. When viewing the source I always get the html
of the initial page. This is bad for debugging :-( Are there any tools which
I could use? I found out that the Website-Testing tool Sitewalker has a
“Live-Dom-View” unfortunately It keeps bugging me with popups, if I just
want to use the tool as Pimped-Up Browser :-(

Regards,

    Christofer Dutz

[ c h r i s t o f e r   d u t z ]

IT-Berater

univativ GmbH & Co. KG

Robert-Bosch-Str. 7, 64293 Darmstadt

fon: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 21

fax: 0 61 51 / 66 717 - 29

email: christofer.dutz@univativ.de

http://www.univativ.de

Darmstadt, Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Düsseldorf

Re: [Slightly Off Topic] Tool for viewing Browsers live DOM

Posted by Brian Maddy <bm...@kampersoftware.com>.
Additionally, if you are using firefox, make a selection, then right
click and select 'View Selection Source'.  This will show you the
modified source of the selection (not the original source).

Brian

Re: Re: [Slightly Off Topic] Tool for viewing Browsers live DOM

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alain Pannetier <al...@gmail.com>.
Are these not OK ?

- FF :