Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Wiart Laurent <wi...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/26 16:22:56 UTC

Working with different versions of subversion on different machines

Dear all,

I've just begun to use this marvellous source control system and I have a question:
we have a server on which installed svn version is 1.2.1.

We are 2 developers with sandboxes with  svn version 1.2.3 installed
and finally, I've a laptop with svn 1.3.0 installed.

My question is: is there any danger to do that, should we install exactly the same
versions on all our sandboxes or is it OK to work with different svn versions ?

Thanks a lot !
Laurent

Re: Working with different versions of subversion on different machines

Posted by Nico Kadel-Garcia <nk...@comcast.net>.
Rainer Müller wrote:
> Wiart Laurent wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I've just begun to use this marvellous source control system and I
>> have a question: we have a server on which installed svn version is
>> 1.2.1.
>>
>> We are 2 developers with sandboxes with  svn version 1.2.3 installed
>> and finally, I've a laptop with svn 1.3.0 installed.
>>
>> My question is: is there any danger to do that, should we install
>> exactly the same versions on all our sandboxes or is it OK to work
>> with different svn versions ?
>
> That's no problem at all.
> See http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#interop
>
> Rainer

But update them all to 1.3.x, to get access to and management of forced
locks and some other features.

Re: Working with different versions of subversion on different machines

Posted by Rainer Müller <mu...@gmx.de>.