Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by erik pepermans <cp...@telenet.be> on 2010/11/02 02:25:02 UTC

using an existing pdf as overlay

Hi,

I tried to combine fop-pdf-images-2.0.0 with fop-1.0

So far so good. How can I use the pdf document from the  fo:external-graphic
command as an overlay for subsequent blocks ?

Thanks

Brgds

Erik

believed to be clean.

Re: using an existing pdf as overlay

Posted by Erik Pepermans <cp...@telenet.be>.
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. It works for what is 1 page concerned. If I extend
your example with a few more blocks to force a page break, the last block(s)
are cut  (see attached example) :

<fo:block-container>
    <fo:block-container position="absolute">
      <fo:block font-size="20pt">
      Apache FOP (Formatting Objects Processor) is a print formatter driven
by
      XSL formatting objects (XSL-FO) and an output independent formatter.
      It is a Java application that reads a formatting object (FO) tree and
renders the resulting pages to a specified output.
      Output formats currently supported include
      PDF, PS, PCL, AFP, XML (area tree representation), Print,
      AWT and PNG, and to a lesser extent, RTF and TXT.
      The primary output target is PDF </fo:block>

      <fo:block font-size="20pt" space-before='2in'>
[...]

            <fo:external-graphic src="file:/fop/pdf-image/overlay.pdf"/>
        </fo:block>
    </fo:block-container>
</fo:block-container>

http://old.nabble.com/file/p30119103/out.pdf out.pdf
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30119103/tt.pdf tt.pdf

Re: using an existing pdf as overlay

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hmm... I think that's a bug... Though I'm not sure it's one that
anyone is really going to go out their way to fix. Ahh well, it's not
a bug, it's a feature. ;)

Posted by Erik Pepermans <cp...@telenet.be>.
Hi Mehdi,

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.