Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Laura Wehrwein <bu...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/01 01:11:35 UTC

Problem with special characters in generated HSSFWorkbook

Hello.  Our application utilizes POI and jXLS to create a  HSSFWorkbook.  When a user copies text from a Microsoft Word  document containing special characters (e.g. double quotes, single  quotes, etc.) into our application, the characters are not displayed  correctly in the resulting Excel file.  I have already tried  setContentType and setCharacterEncoding on the HttpServletResponse  object.  Does anyone have any additional ideas on correctly  displaying these special Windows characters?

  Thanks in advance for your help.