Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bob Mulrenin <bo...@salzburgresearch.at> on 2001/12/12 10:22:34 UTC

jetspeed 1.3a2 canidate- Error fetching pane,etc

Dear all,

--------------------------------------
WinNT4/Tomcat
--------------------------------------
No serious problems installing and (simple) usage under WinNT4/Tomcat
3.2.4
Problems with  Linux/Tomcat 3.2.3

"Error fetching pane" in opening page and all subsequent pages

Velocity log-- [error] ResourceManager : unable to find resource
'layouts/default.vm' in any resource loader.

jetspeed and velocity logs attached for tomcat 3.2.3
**xerces and xalan copied to tomcat/lib (and early in classpath)

--------------------------------------
Problems with linux/Tomcat 4.01
--------------------------------------
I haven't played with the Tomcat 4.01 too much, HTML error page attached.

For each OS:
When testing, I always delete the tomcat/work and webapp/jetspeed folder
(expand jetspeed each time)

In other versions of jetspeed, running on linux was the most
troublesome.

Are there **nix specific things that I should look out for in any of the
config/property files?

thanks for any help,
Bob