Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by lejeczek <pe...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2016/03/09 23:05:31 UTC

[users@httpd] rewrite simple php under a sub url

hi everybody
ough... this might sound silly what I'm hoping to achieve,
well..
I have a php app that I don't know the code of but the app
seems to only work under top url, eg: www.theapp.net but it
has to be served from www.theapp.net/phpapp
I fiddling with rewrites but not being an expert I thought
I'd ask if it's even possible?

many thanks
L.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: [Bulk] Re: [users@httpd] rewrite simple php under a sub url

Posted by Sven Seeberg <sv...@geeq.de>.
Am 10.03.2016 um 00:43 schrieb Sven Seeberg:
> Am 10.03.2016 um 00:40 schrieb lejeczek:
>>
>> On 09/03/16 23:29, Sven Seeberg wrote:
>>> Ah sorry, I think I missunderstood your question.
>> possibly
>>> mod_rewrite only changes the "appearance" of the URL for the Browser /
>>> user. This PHP programm still sees the original URL.
>>>
>>> Your problem does not seem related to Apache but to the file paths on
>>> your server. Maybe you could work around it with symlinks?
>> what I thought, what I hoped would be possible is for apache to do
>> some real-time, in-flight url mangling so the app (silly code which
>> seems fine only under root /), while being served from under - /phpapp
>> - would think it's all good and is under /
> You could possibly achieve the desired behaviour with mod_header. But
> maybe something like the following line would be an easier solution:
>
> $ ln -s /path/phpapp /path
Sorry, that suggestion is stupid. But you need to work on the file
system or php app parameters, not on the apache configuration.

Posted by Sven Seeberg <sv...@geeq.de>.

Posted by lejeczek <pe...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Posted by Sven Seeberg <sv...@geeq.de>.

Posted by lejeczek <pe...@yahoo.co.uk>.