Posted to announce@apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@apache.org> on 2015/03/11 20:01:34 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.2.1 Released

The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache Kafka 0.8.2.1.

The 0.8.2.1 release fixes 4 critical issues in 0.8.2.0.

All of the changes in this release can be found: https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.8.2.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system rethought of as a distributed commit log.

** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads and
writes per second from thousands of clients.

** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the central data backbone
for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded without downtime.
Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to allow data streams
larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of co-ordinated consumers.

** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the cluster to prevent
data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without performance impact.

** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that offers
strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.

You can download the release from: http://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at http://kafka.apache.org/

Thanks,

Jun

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.2.1 Released

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for driving this Jun and everyone for the contributions!

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Jun Rao <ju...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
> Kafka 0.8.2.1.
>
> The 0.8.2.1 release fixes 4 critical issues in 0.8.2.0.
>
> All of the changes in this release can be found:
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.8.2.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>
> Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system
> rethought of as a distributed commit log.
>
> ** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads
> and
> writes per second from thousands of clients.
>
> ** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the
> central data backbone
> for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded
> without downtime.
> Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to
> allow data streams
> larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of
> co-ordinated consumers.
>
> ** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the
> cluster to prevent
> data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without
> performance impact.
>
> ** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that
> offers
> strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.
>
> You can download the release from: http://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
> report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
> http://kafka.apache.org/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

Neha

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.2.1 Released

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for driving this Jun and everyone for the contributions!

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Jun Rao <ju...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the release for Apache
> Kafka 0.8.2.1.
>
> The 0.8.2.1 release fixes 4 critical issues in 0.8.2.0.
>
> All of the changes in this release can be found:
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/0.8.2.1/RELEASE_NOTES.html
>
> Apache Kafka is high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system
> rethought of as a distributed commit log.
>
> ** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads
> and
> writes per second from thousands of clients.
>
> ** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the
> central data backbone
> for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded
> without downtime.
> Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to
> allow data streams
> larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of
> co-ordinated consumers.
>
> ** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the
> cluster to prevent
> data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without
> performance impact.
>
> ** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that
> offers
> strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.
>
> You can download the release from: http://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html
>
> We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
> report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at
> http://kafka.apache.org/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun

Neha