Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/03/12 06:17:37 UTC

Cactus

Hi,

I have modified slightly the Cactus build process, which is why it is
currently failing to build with Gump. I am correcting this and I expect
it to work again within the next day or so. Sorry about that.

Also, the Cactus project is about to deliver version 1.3 very soon now.
If you wish, I can spend some time updating your build files (not much
to do) ?

I haven't been following the jetspeed mailing list lately. I'm curious
to know if you're using Cactus frequently, what do you think (in good or
bad as we can always improve), etc. Any feedback would be really
appreciated.

BTW congratulations for your build files. They look very neat and nice
:-)

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: Cactus

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Hi Vincent,

See comments below

No problem

> Also, the Cactus project is about to deliver version 1.3 very
> soon now. If you wish, I can spend some time updating your
> build files (not much to do) ?

Thanks! If its not too much trouble :)

> I haven't been following the jetspeed mailing list lately.
> I'm curious to know if you're using Cactus frequently, what
> do you think (in good or bad as we can always improve), etc.
> Any feedback would be really appreciated.

We don't use it near enough.
I plan on using Cactus, or at least unit tests, with any bug fixes or
new features.
Do other Jakarta projects require unit testing?
We were discussing requiring test cases for all new development.
I'd be interested in hearing about the requirements of using Cactus in
other Jakarta projects that use servlets.
I don't think that Turbine-2 had any Cactus test cases. What about
Turbine-3, Struts....

Thanks again,

David