Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2016/02/03 09:57:29 UTC

Build Flink for a specific tag

Hi to all,

I wanted to update my Flink cluster installation to Flink 0.10.1 but I
can't find the respective branch.
In the past, I used to go in the apache-flink git folder, exec a *git pull *and
a *git branches -a* in order to *checkout* on the proper release branch.
However I saw that there's only a tag for the 0.10.1 release (i.e.
release-0.10.0). What command should I do to align my sources with that tag?

Also in the documentation (
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/setup/building.html)
there's no mention on how to build Flink for a specific tag :(

Thanks in advance,
Flavio

Re: Build Flink for a specific tag

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Flavio,

we use tags to identify releases. The "release-0.10.1" tag, refers to the
code that has been released as Flink 0.10.1.
The "release-0.10" branch is used to develop 0.10 releases. Currently, it
contains Flink 0.10.1 and additionally a few more bug fix commits. We will
fork off this branch to release Flink 0.10.2 in a few days.

So, if you would like to compile Flink 0.10.1 you should use the tag.
If you would like to have Flink 0.10.1 with the latest bug fixes, you
should compile the release-0.10 branch.

Cheers, Fabian

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.