Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bill Brooks <wb...@lug.ee.calpoly.edu> on 2000/10/26 17:49:21 UTC

The Ant FOP task

Hi,

Is there a reason why the Ant <fop/> task that ships inside the ant.jar
file the fop developers are using hasn't been submitted to the Ant CVS
repository? I think people using Ant in general would get a lot of use out
of it, not just those working on the internals of FOP.

If the author of the Ant task approves, I'd be happy to write up some
docs for the task and submit a patch to the Ant tree.

Thanks,

Bill

Re: The Ant FOP task

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> Is there a reason why the Ant <fop/> task that ships inside the ant.jar
> file the fop developers are using hasn't been submitted to the Ant CVS
> repository? I think people using Ant in general would get a lot of use out
> of it, not just those working on the internals of FOP.
>
> If the author of the Ant task approves, I'd be happy to write up some
> docs for the task and submit a patch to the Ant tree.

I think I wrote it, or better: I adopted the code from CommandLine.
Feel free to use it in any way you think it useful.

btw, I had a look into the description of ant 1.2 which has been
released a few days ago. It looks like we would have to rewrite our
build files at some places, if we want to switch to the latest version.
Is there any good reason to do this in the immediate future?

Fotis