Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Justin Leet <le...@apache.org> on 2018/05/31 18:30:36 UTC

[VOTE] Metron Release Candidate 0.5.0-RC2

Hi all,

This is a call to vote on releasing Apache Metron 0.5.0

Full list of changes in this release:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.5.0-RC2/CHANGES

The tag/commit to be voted upon is:

(apache/metron) apache-metron-0.5.0-rc2

The source archive being voted upon can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.5.0-RC2/apac
he-metron-0.5.0-rc2.tar.gz

Other release files, signatures and digests can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.5.0-RC2/

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/metron/0.5.0-RC2/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Metron 0.5.0-RC2

When voting, please list the actions taken to verify the release.

Recommended build validation and verification instructions are posted
here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METRON/Verifying+Builds

This vote will be open until 3pm EDT on Tuesday June 5 2018, to account for
the weekend.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Metron 0.5.0-RC2

[ ] 0 No opinion

Re: [VOTE] Metron Release Candidate 0.5.0-RC2

Posted by Anand Subramanian <as...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

* mvn clean package and build RPMs
* Brought up Metron on 12-node CentOS 7 cluster using generated RPMs and mpacks.
* Bro, YAF and snort - ingest and validated events in Alerts UI
* Add squid telemetry, ingest and validated events in Alerts UI
* Management UI, Alerts UI and Swagger UI sanity check

Regards,
Anand

On 6/2/18, 12:29 AM, "Nick Allen" <ni...@nickallen.org> wrote:

    +1 binding

    I validated the release with Otto's script.  All integration tests and
    license checks passed.  Also, ran the release up in the CentOS dev
    environment.  I validated alerts were hitting the Alerts UI and the Service
    Check completed successfully.

Posted by Nick Allen <ni...@nickallen.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.