Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Joachim Draeger <jd...@joachim-draeger.de> on 2006/10/04 22:49:39 UTC

getting primary, auto-generated, key with derby and torque-3.2

Hi!

As I could figure out from different sources this doesn't work at all at
the moment. Or am I missing something?
So I had to override doInsert in the Peer class and remove
 obj.setPrimaryKey(doInsert(buildCriteria(obj))) and just use
doInsert(buildCriteria(obj)) to avoid NPEs.
I did a quick look into SVN and it look likes this has been fixed in
trunk.

What would you recommend to use derby now?
 1. use a custom build of torque that supports derby
 2. workaround by using a second table for key management
I wouldn't like random keys...

Unfortunately there are no public snapshot-builds that could be used by
other projects. But I just heard rumors you're planning torque
3.2.1. :-) I really would appreciate full derby support!

greetings,

Joachim

Re: getting primary, auto-generated, key with derby and torque-3.2

Posted by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org>.
Hi Joachim,

Derby support was still in the alpha stage when 3.2 was released. In the
meantime, I believe it is fully working in svn. I'd recommend a svn pull
of the sources from svn trunk and a custom build. As far as I know, there
are no large issues open at the moment which have not been in 3.2 also.

The Torque team hopes to create a first release candidate of Torque 3.2.1
in a few weeks. It would be great if any issues regarding derby support
would be raised before that time.

     Thomas