Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Johnny Gonzalez <jo...@yahoo.es> on 2006/05/29 17:31:50 UTC

Tree2 and frames problem within IE

Hello Everybody,

I have an application that has three frames, one top
frame for banner, a left frame for tree2 based menu,
and a right frame to open the page that brings up from
the tree2 menu.

Everything works fine in Mozilla Firefox, but when
working in IE I have faced several problems.

For example,

Working on IE 6.0.2900.2180 on Win XP SP2:
When I click on a node in the tree it, sometimes,
opens the result page not in the right frame but in a
new Window. Sometimes it works. In some tests I was
performing on friday, I noticed that it works on IE,
but after opening the application in a Firefox
browser, then opening on IE.

In other versions of IE, I just get a faces Exception
and the tree2 doesn't even load.

I need this schema to work on every windows + IE
combination, because clients have several
architectures that varies from Win 98 to win xp SP2.

A friend of mine told me that those problems where
solved on the new tomahawk version (1.1.2), so I tried
there but that brought me some other problems, when I
frist click on a node of the tree, I get a 500 error
on the results frame, when I click on the item once
again it opens ok in the results frame, what could the
problem be?

I'm working with Jboss 4.0.3SP1, to install the new
tomahawk version I copied all files in lib to
server/all/deploy/jbossweb.../jsf-lib/

What should I do to solve this issue??

Thanks a lot,
Johnny