Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com> on 2007/07/24 00:44:37 UTC

Surefire classpath ordering

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to bring up a couple of Jira issues related to the surefire
classpath, and see if someone can get the patches included in upcoming
releases.
The first has to do with the testClassPath that is created in
MavenProject.java.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3118

It seems like the test-classes directory should take priority over the
classes directory.  This would allow you to override classpath
resources, like property files, and surefire will pick up the one in
test-classes during testing.

The second issue is related to this, and it has to do with the classpath
that is picked up in forked vs. non-forked tests.
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-61

When a test is not forked, the classpath order is not changed, so the
order matches what was set by the surefire plugin.  When the forkMode is
once or always, the classpath elements are first written to a properties
file and then loaded into the surefire booter.  Loading the properties
into a Properties object and then using an enumeration to iterate
through them makes the order un-predictable.  This can be fixed by
sorting the classpath elements into the correct order as they are read
from the Properties object.

Do these changes make sense?

Thanks!

Re: Surefire classpath ordering