Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/12 10:38:41 UTC

Re: NN + secondary got full, even though data nodes had plenty of space

Is your NN doubling up as a DN? If its not, I wonder how the NN is full...

On 8/11/09, Mayuran Yogarajah <ma...@casalemedia.com> wrote:
> I have a 6 node cluster running Hadoop 0.18.3.  I'm trying to figure out
> how the data was spread out like this:
>
> node001         94.15%
> node002         94.16%
> node003         48.22%
> node004         47.85%
> node005         48.12%
> node006         43.18%
>
> Node 001 (NN) and node 002( secondary NN) both got full, while the other
> data nodes had more space left.  I had assumed that Hadoop would distribute
> more blocks to nodes 3-6 since they had much more space, but it ended up
> filling up nodes1 and 2.  Is this expected?
>
> thanks,

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz

Re: NN + secondary got full, even though data nodes had plenty of space

Posted by Mayuran Yogarajah <ma...@casalemedia.com>.
Amandeep Khurana wrote:
> Is your NN doubling up as a DN? If its not, I wonder how the NN is full...

Yes both NN and secondary are doubling as DN, sorry I should have mentioned
this earlier.