Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/11/12 15:27:53 UTC

sending an xml document with POST

Hi,

Is there a way to get an XML document from somewhere (xml stream in a normal
pipeline) and POST it through an html form ? Or another way ?

My issue is POSTing something to an XML database (Tamino) with the value of
"_process" request parameter being the document's content.

I tried to use xsl:copy in a stylesheet to fill this value but it did not
work (missing "<" and ">" tags).
I tried something with cinclude transformer but xalan grumbled about
<cinclude:include> tag not being where it should...

In fact I want to check the time processing improvement I get instead of
using xml:db driver... this driver makes reads from database very slow
compared to direct reads !! So what about writes ? :-)

Thanks if you have an idea, otherwise don't worry.
Have a nice day, just trying to improve my app...

Babs

Modem offert : 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack eXtense de Wanadoo !
Haut débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w