Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "tech4j@gmail.com" <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/18 14:59:00 UTC

Tomcat 7 and MyFaces 2.0.4 annotation processing issues

Hi Guys,

We are working through some last minute issues before we release RichFaces
4.  On tomcat 7 with MyFaces 2.0.4 we have been running into some issues
with annotation processing.

Please see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3035 for some
details.  It basically seems that @PostConstruct is being called before
managed properties are processed.  This is obviously causing big issues.

It is only with tomcat 7 since they changed the way they handle annotations.
 Unless I'm missing a work around, or something else this seems like a show
stopper for MyFaces on Tomcat 7.

Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a way around it?  I'd also like
to discuss any plans for reviewing this issue.

Thanks,
Jay Balunas
RichFaces project lead

--
blog: http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Jay

Re: Tomcat 7 and MyFaces 2.0.4 annotation processing issues

Posted by "tech4j@gmail.com" <te...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry I have not been able to reply before now, we have been working on
the RichFaces 4.0.0.CR1 code freeze.

The research I did was based on looking at the special tomcat
7 connector that MyFaces currently uses, and the one that the Weld team did
to work around this problem ( links in jira ).  I also did a lot of
searching to see if there was some setting or configuration I was missing
tomcat 7 to turn it back on, but it did not look like it.

I think the real answer is going to be MyFaces creating their own instance
manager that handles the injections - much like what Weld did.

-Jay

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.